Friday, March 25, 2011

Keep the 60s in the past?


"For anyone who lived through and can still remember the ’60s, they’ll tell you it was one of the most amazing decades in American history. Whatever the catalyst was for the monumental changes that took place during that decade it’s clear that the 1960s gave birth to some of the greatest bands and music of all time from the Beach Boys to the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. Countless celebrated music icons arose during that era."
-Caroline Fontein-


Echoes of the 60s is currently showing at the V theater inside the Miracle Mile shops. The theater it is being shown in is rather small so I would suggest not getting the VIP seats cause anywhere you site is a good seat. If you have sensitive hearing I would suggest sitting in the rear or not going at all. It is very loud for the size of room. Tickets start at $35.99 and go to $65.99 but in my opinion it isn't worth the show you get. The band members are from the backing band of the late headliner Danny Gans and unfortunately thats what you get, a band not a show. Don't get me wrong, they are good musicians but they seem to be waiting for the main act to come out. The show is in need of a major improvement if they want to charge the price they are. The wigs and outfits do little in the way of entertaining me. I would not recommend this show unless you really want to just listen to a band play 60s music. Thank goodness I my tickets were comped!


Tim Hamberg

No comments:

Post a Comment